Adapting science to a warming world
Corrine Noel Knapp a,b,*, Sarah F. Trainor a
a Alaska Center for Climate Assessment and Policy, International Arctic Research Center, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 3352 College Road, Fairbanks, AK 99709, United States
b Resilience and Adaptation Program, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 3352 College Road, Fairbanks, AK 99709, United States
- Science must adapt to more effectively inform climate change adaptation.
- Science needs to be more responsive, collaborative and transparent.
- Data could be shared more efficiently with standard protocols and web resources.
- Scientific institutions and agencies need to reevaluate their incentives and structure.
- Suggestions from practitioners corroborate science and climate change theory.